Hi Adrian,

The other dialog that comes up is when you are transferring multiple waves at once (i.e. dragging the 'Blue All'), it asks you whether you want to import the files all to one track, or each file to individual tracks.

So it seems that Cubase will crash on your system when either of those dialogs appear, when the VST3 BB plugin is active. I don't know any way to prevent that dialog from appearing, and we cannot duplicate this problem on our systems (with 9.0.40 that is).

At this point, you've done an excellent job of troubleshooting and simplifying the problem, and I think the best way forward is just to accept that in this particular case you will need to import one track at a time - drag each green WAV - instead of dragging the one Blue. This is a slight inconvenience, but certainly not a terrible one - it does work. Alternatively as we've seen, the problem does not happen with the standalone plugin version so that's another option.

There are still some avenues you can pursue if you are feeling persistent. The most obvious one is to update your Cubase version to the latest build. Secondly, you could sent a crash dump to Steinberg. The crash dumps should be located in a folder like this - C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps. I could also take a quick look remotely as mentioned in a PM a while back.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.