I really enjoyed this song. It fits the genre nicely. The mix is nicely balanced with things peeking in and out at the proper places. I don't really have any comments on the instrumental aspect.

However, the vocal, to me is in need of some TLC. First thing I would do is remove that killer level of reverb. Just a slight touch of verb is all you need. The reverb on the vox is totally out of character with the verb or lack thereof on the instrument mix. I'd play around with it. I didn't see where you commented on which DAW you used to record this. If the DAW supports Busses, I would certainly put the vocal into a buss, and move your vocal reverb there. Then, back it off to dry. I'd look at maybe putting a slight reverb on the entire mix in the master buss and see if that gives a sense of space to the mix. I like to bring my verb up to where I can hear it and then back it off a bit. I do have exceptions to this rule of thumb. I'm suggesting this because the vox verb is so overwhelming that the instrument mix sounds really dry. Often, when you use a slight reverb on the master, you don't need one on the main vox and if you do, it's barely on. With reverb, as most FX, less is often more.

I saw other's mention the highs and sibilance.... this may fix itself when you clean up the reverb issues. If not.... often a simple gain level reduction and reduction on the high end using EQ will solve it. JUst a touch.... nothing at this point needs to be drastic. A few dBs should be sufficient.

Here's a thought I just had.... Often I will be working on a mix and I have my vocal in a vocal buss like I normally do. The band mix is good but the vocal just isn't cutting through and my vocal buss is already bumping the red zone. I can't push it further to make it cut through without running into overloading and distortion. Easy fix with a good DAW. I simply add a new buss..... call it "BAND" and move all the band instrument tracks into it. Now I can adjust the band level, without changing the mix or disturbing the volume envelopes and automation. Rather than bring the vocal up.... I take the band down. I can ALWAYS get the volume I need later in the process..... I said this because if your vox is peaking, you might want to use this method to bring it down to the appropriate level and with a band buss, it's a snap to drop the band to the correct level for that voice..... nothing is peaking, nothing in the red, and high end distortion goes away..... it's just a thought.

Anyway, that's my opinion on this mix. Heading in the right direction but not quite there yet.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.