Quote:
Five switches on the foot switch. Two Celestion G12T-85 speakers in custom cabinet. EL844 tubes that were custom made tubes in 2009 from JJ Electronics in Cadca Slovakia. That reduced the output from each tube to 9 watts from 12 watts for standard EL84's The amp will run with the EL84"s but has to be re biased.
Yes...I know I have been crazy for some time now...lol Plug BIAB into this amp and turn it up on 14 to introduce the whole neighborhood to BIAB...lol
Billy

Very cool. I read the reviews on those tubes and they seem to be quite nice. It seems they retain all the shimmer and punch of the 84's but breakup smoothly at lower volume and have a nice compression aspect to them as well. The review I read mentioned that the amp didn't need to be rebiased to switch the tubes.... plug and play according to the writer. I really like the lower wattage amps and appreciate the qualities they have when it comes to tone and volume and the combination of those two. I recall a certain Carvin I owned for a time. I've been a fan of Carvin ever since I bought one to replace a heavy as heck Ampeg 100w combo. It was lighter and half the power but oh my.... the tone, and the volume was comparable. I later bought a 100w Carvin, their equivilent to the Mesa of the time. With the EV speaker, that amp was just too dang loud. I sold both my Carvins at some point and switched to the 22w Boog.... and haven't looked back since. I'm a fan of low powered amps because if I need too, I can always use the direct out to power as many power amps and speakers as my ears can stand.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.