Quote:

Your commercial for the same thing says "may cause deafness, exploding head syndrome, you legs to fall off..." reminds of the old Ktel commercials..50 bad things in 20 seconds. We don't have that, because we don't let lawyers run our country.

This is so true, John. I did a search a few months ago and found a Canadian Supreme Court case that came down I believe within the last 10 years but I'm not sure, that caps malpractice awards at $300,000 with certain exceptions depending on the exact circumstances. Is that true? This alone is a big reason why so many of us don't want the current health care bill to pass, not because the system doesn't need reforming but because of no caps on the lawyers who happen to be the single largest contributors to the Democratic party.
My comment about you getting a free ride on our defense spending is true without it being any kind of attack on the tremendous contributions you guys have made over the years and are making now. It's simply a fact that if you don't have to really, seriously look after your own defense because we're here backing you up is one of the things that allows you to afford a lot of the social programs you currently enjoy. The figures are here defense spending by country Canada is 14th by gdp sandwiched between Brazil and Spain. Brazil ahead of Canada? Who's threatening them? Chavez in Venezuela, I guess. Nothing against your heroism, sacrifice and all that but man, you don't think that has an impact on your ability to afford all this other stuff? Where would your health care be if you had a neighbor who posed a serious threat and your defense spending doubled to 2 or even 3%? Still, you don't have any threats, the Cold War is over, ICBM's are not coming over the North Pole so you don't have anything to worry about and you're taking advantage of it and good for you. I'm not complaining and I don't resent it, don't get me wrong here. When I lived in Calgary, I played a bunch of Canadian Legions and since I'm a US Air Force vet, I got along with the Canadian Forces guys very well. In those days CFB Calgary was still open so Calgary was a military town and I would see them in various venues. I usually went out of my way to say hello.
My point is pure economics, nothing against Canada and I'm still a landed immigrant, I've got family there and could go back any time. If I ever make it out East I may even look your cranky ass up

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.