Quote:

Very clarifying statement! Thanks for the participation!

Would you say that our system of government successfully provides equality under the law?

Read up on 'profiling'. Is it right or wrong?
Are they using statistics to be more efficient, or abusing it as an excuse?

Much discussion on this topic alone. Belonging to a 'profiled' group will definately affect your opinion, so try to look at it from outside, considering both sides. I happen to look a little darker than most in my area (probably due to some Native American in me) and have had situations I noticed. Example - I pumped gas at a station, then got into my Jeep and drove across the street to a big box store parking lot with lots of cars in it. An officer sitting in the gas station lot followed me over, and followed me down a few parling aisles until I parked, at which point I got out with my daughter (who is very white) and the officer then proceeded along and waved as he passed me, then took off toward the highway.
This officer was a state police and really didn't belong in the neighborhood (patrolled by city police) but he felt compelled to follow me.
Was I profiled?
Was it wrong?
This was at 10AM, so I doubt there was much suspicion of anything else! No 'suspected intoxication' or anything would make reasonable sense to me.
On the other hand I live in a very small city and the locals know every car and who it belongs too (pretty much). I have seen them drive past local people speeding to pull over a non-citizen of the city. This is obviously not 'equal', but nobody in town is complaining!

Just another couple points to ponder.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome