Originally Posted By: Planobilly
I will take a look at the material you are talking about and order some to give it a try. The last board I used worked well for the op-amp. I had to solder jump between some of the holes because they were to small to fit more than two things in one hole. That is difficult and requires precise soldering technique to do...not so easy and yes I know how but it is a PITB.

I made some experimental PCBs a long time ago with acid etching which was a lot of work and nasty chemicals to deal with.

I have a small CNC milling machine that I could easily cut through a copper clad board with extreme precision. The programing for that is also a PITB...lol

I know Gcode well but...

Anyway we should keep in contact about the PCB issues.

Thanks,

Billy

Stripboard is great, because you never have to put two leads in one hole. I do agree that using ferric chloride is kinda nasty, since it'll stain everything it touches (including skin), but with a little care it's quite easy. I'd absolutely prefer a CNC mill for it though!

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
I am transitioning into my 70s real soon here and talk about huge leaps.... LOL!!

It's often not possible for people in their 70's to perform huge leaps, maybe stick to smaller hops grin

I work here