Originally Posted By: rharv
You can climb across it?
I'm impressed!

There are cross pieces I can low crawl on. Otherwise I'd be taking care of demo as I laid my girth on the drywall.

Quote:
I'd be real careful about anything that looks like a ceiling joist; it may be a cross-tie to keep things from folding up on top of you.

I was up there before to restaple some of the insulation up after the roofers banging dropped some of it our of the ceiling rafters. There is nothing up there that wasn't there before the old owners built those bedrooms. They put in those ceilings to not have to heat all the way up to the peak, and I get it, but there has since been a far more efficient furnace put in and the insulation inspected and augmented/replaced where it was necessary. I would probably have the electrician climb around up there and see what he suggested. The biggest HVAC challenge up there is likely in part due to the fact that I seriously doubt the ducts have ever been cleaned. I can vouch for the years since 2004 that they have not, and the people who owner before were such butchers and so cheap I guarantee they NEVER had them done, so there may be 1963 dirt in those heat ducts.

And here's where the suckage comes in. They added a full bathroom up there. That bathroom would make for some extreme engineering/architecture to raise that ceiling all the way up to the roof rafters. I can't explain how little that bathroom means to me other than to say this. Once of the first things I did when I moved in here in Dec 2004 was to turn off the water to that bathroom and it has never been turned on since. Geeze for the first 5 years I lived here I actually blocked off the doorway to get up there with an insulated frame insert I made and then covered with a piece of luan plywood. I had boxes of stuff I never used that went up there when I moved in and in 2009 when I opened the upstairs back up to reassemble a studio I went through those boxes and threw almost 100% of it away. I figured that if I didn't miss it in 5 years...

I may do the building, I may do some renovation, I may do nothing. That's my "mystery wrapped in a riddle" persona.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.