<< If anybody will get the analogy here, know that when I get a new video game I play it on expert mode first. I don't want to do things I know I can do. I want to be challenged. Mustang Sally was never challenging." >>

So What did you do for your songwriting dream today? "Just because you don't doesn't mean you can't." But it does have a 100% failure rate....

<< "I respect people who tried and failed WAY more than those who never tried." >>

But you also seem to respect people who tried and failed but didn't give up and quit even WAY, WAY more.
Diane Warren, Burt Bacharach, Jim Steinman, Todd Rundgren, David Foster. Sting, Brian Wilson, Carole King and Smokey Robinson to name a few.

You only have to get it right once:

"What if you had to decide between the lure of country stardom — and your heart? Billy Ray Cyrus was once faced with that choice. In 1992, his song "Achy Breaky Heart" took him on what he calls a "rocket ride" — and made him $40 million in one year."
ABC News PrimeTime

Most people associate "Achy Breaky Heart" with Billy Ray Cyrus and not the actual songwriter, Don Von Tress. Mr. Tress has 3 song credits (actually two, "Achy Breaky Heart" was first recorded and released with the title, "Don't Tell My Heart". My recommendation is if you get a song recorded by Underwood or Clarkson, take the money. wink

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.