Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
According to what year release version one has of BIAB, RealTrack "thicken" feature has been an included feature for the last several years. My year version is 2021 and I confirmed it's available for all the Legacy Channels including the Drums, Soloist and Melody Channels by two methods.

1. Rt click in the description area of a channel, select Track Settings, Duplicate RealTracks (To Thicken Sound....).
A range of 0 to 10 duplicate RealTracks can be added to thicken the sound.

2. Alternately, open up the RealTracks Picker, select the Medley Button to add and edit duplicate tracks to thicken the sound.

Charlie,

THANK YOU for this tip! I think I recall this but it never stuck in my head. It is an awesome way to thicken a track. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind...

1) Is the result of this technique similar to what I would get if I put the same RealTrack on multiple tracks?

2) Does BIAB successfully manage this to avoid the same riff from being played on multiple medley tracks at the same time? I noticed when I put the same RealTrack on two different tracks and pan them left and right, BIAB usually uses a different riff on each track but occasionally it messes up and plays the identical riff at the same time which causes the panning to disappear and the volume of the tracks to increase for that period of time. The reason I'm curious is the thickening feature allows up to 10 medley tracks to be used and I would be surprised if there are enough unique riffs to ensure no duplication.

3) Once you do this is there any way to separate back out the individual parts of the medley? I could see me wanting to export them as separate audio files for my DAW mix.

Thanks in advance for any advice!