Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Quote:
Lastly, I should tell you that the only way I could reduce the length of this song to your max target length of 3:15 is by cutting the 4-bar intro, increasing the tempo to 124, and shortening the fade at the end of the song. But because none of these changes will do this song any justice, IMO, I decided to stick with what I have even though the total length is 3:30 instead of 3:15. I think you'll agree when you listen to the demo, which can be done at the following link:

https://youtu.be/Gjo52QrT9XA

I like this version. The bridge is a bit shall we say different and could probably be dropped totally or rework the chords. It resolved back into the song nicely but the bridge felt like it wasn't a part of the song overall.

David gave you good advice on the song.

Thanks for the feedback (and the compliment), Herb! I prefer the longer, full-length bridge myself (and so does my producer), but I wanted to see and hear how a shorter bridge would turn out and sound along with the other changes that David suggested I try as a "test." I'm working on a demo with the full-length original bridge, which I'll share the link to here when I upload it to my Youtube channel.

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V