Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Ray,
I answer your post first, so probably the others will be angry in a while. But I had to!
You were complaining about 3 issues and while I like to disagree on each of them, I couldn't. You were right. Yes, it's there, right before you: You were right on 2 (at least)!
What I did after your post:
1. The lyrics: I normally check the use of proper English in my lyrics, but I did not on words I thought were right. So, I changed them.
2. Fatique singing: Because of the changing of the lyrics I had to do the singing again. You said fatique would happen if people listen to my song. I don't agree with you, of course, but I kept it in mind while singing again. My cat liked it.
I hope this new singing stands your fatique test. Let me know!
3. The drum volume: I wanted a snappy sound of reggaedrums and raised the volume a bit more than I normally do. But after your complains I altered the volume again. Not that I agree with you, but maybe someone else complains on it as well. So I engaged in risk-averse behavior (!)
And on SoundCloud I thanked you for your efforts making me a better musician. And in this post I also thank you for your compliments on the song.
Bye Ray, have a nice day,
Hans

Hans,
so much effort on my behalf.
The voice thing is due to something in your processing - often aural exciters like the BBE Maximizer - sound fabulous when 1st switched on. They enliven certain frequencies but SOMETIMES the boost of those frequencies causes aural fatigue: after a couple of listens. Re singing won't necessarily address this unless you avoid those frequencies when singing but checking the EQ before and after processing may point out those areas. If you were able to send me a copy of your vocal track before & after processing I'd probably be able to pin pint the area so you could avoid it in the future.
The drums...as I said it was a sound within a stereo mix...hard to deal with unless you have a very surgical parametric EQ (like ME's use).
The ONE word - well, it's not your 1st language and is easily done within a 1st language anyway. I pointed it out as it was noticeable - being at the end of a line etc.
Remember, I said it was a cool song - and it is.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe