Hi there Marty, Torrey, Floyd and Muso,

I am very pleased with your comments on this song about a cat. I wasn't expecting much reactions on it, since people more like dogs, or don't like songs on animals at all. As I wrote in my intro I write them once in a while. And because my cat act as if he was lost the song came sooner than expected. I was working on some Bluessong. That has to wait till august now.

Ray came with some serious comments on the used language. Especially the word 'bound'. While I tought I was in a save situation using it, because my brother in law (an Australian like Ray) helped me with some lyrics and used the word boud in the same way I was using it here. Now which Aussie was right. But I couldn't take the risk and chanced the lyrics on that and more. Took me all morning for the re writing and the rest of the day to do the singing and so on. A nice guy, Ray ;-)

But thanks for the comments. Below I answer them individually:

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Wow, what a stressful time, Hans. Really glad it came to a happy ending. I like the hint of reggae. Vocal as always is top-notch. You also always create the most interesting chord changes. I like the urgency in the song, and can almost hear your relief when they found him. Great use of the RTs, everything seems perfectly selected to add the right touch at the right time.

Marty, when I posted the song I wrote I was 'exaggerated terribly in the lyrics'. The disappearance of him was the cause for my fantasy on the topic. He came back severall hours later as if nothing has happened. But I like it when people act the same as I do. Thinking of all that could have happened and having some kind of stress for the time this went on. Terrible! And you heard it right. The relieve was there. But I liked the song as it was buil up and you did too. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
This made me smile Hans! I have 4 myself and they are all treated like royalty! Glad the little guy came back! Love the song and you did an excellent job on it! The vocal exudes real emotion in it! The style of music suits this perfectly! Vocals are excellent as usual for you! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey, I hope the smile was about the happy end! But I'm glad you treat your cats the same as I do. My wife always sighted when she sees what I am buying for them. And it's true; you are certainly not their boss, but their slave in every way!
Thanks what you wrote about the song and the vocals. I'm happy you liked it. That real emotion in my vocals sometimes gets in the way when I sing very sad songs, or about dead (the first version of this song). Then it breaks my voice and I have to start recording it all over. Silly me...

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hans,
Good song! Glad that your cat returned! Happy ending...
Excellent BAND. Perfect music bed. The flutes were a good addition and gave the song a "lift" at the appropriate time...a bit Beatle-ish with the flutes (and the chorus sounded a bit John Lennon-ish the way you sang it)
Excellent vocal. One of your best.
Very good mix.
Music well done.

fj

Floyd, you always took your time to say things very clear. I like that, but often forget to tell you. I am getting a bit curious about that guy 'Lennon'. If I can be compared with him, how come I am not that famous as he was? Sure, I have no Joko on my side, but that can't be it. No, I'm kidding a bit, Floyd. I think I'm famous too. Thanks to your well-founded criticism. I learn from that!

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
wife and i love cats.
we were always owned by them. lol.
we had one once we called the "empress of siam" ..
she lasted 16 years and we spoiled her rotten lol.
very nice cat sentiments/lyrics hans.
best
om

Muso (I shorten your name, but only because of my need to write efficiently). You and I are alike! See what I wrote to Torrey about the cats. I give them two slices of ham every morning and they expect me to do so. And they let me feel it if there is no ham (sometimes that happened because of Corona), but none of my cats were called an empress. They sure act they are!
Still I hope you also enjoyed the song or tell me what I did wrong in it, like the lyrics for instance. I don't melt from criticism, I learn from it!

So thanks all of you for your nice replies. Gives me the boost to make music!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130