Originally Posted By: Paj
Mario, Notes:

My original post was all about stand-alone cloning. I don't know if I would even attempt to clone a 10TB drive over USB or even by swapping out one of the internal drives with the target drive. How long would that take with Acronis (USB or internal setup)? I do regular file archiving over USB or internal drive swapping but, when I need to, I think hardware cloning a whole drive has a set of advantages that work for me. Partition Magic has a cloning feature but, for system drives, I think it will not clone the OS unless it "transfers" it.

Paj
8^)

Yes I know. I was responding to Notes' Acronis statement saying I have had problems with Acronis and have found Macrium Reflect top be a better choice IMHO.

I believe that it would more than a day to clone a 10TB drive using any software product!

My technique is to clone my C drive with Macrium, verify that it is good, then using my toaster clone that external drive two more times. This give me two backups here and one in my bank's safe deposit box.

I also have an internal 1TB SSD drive and an internal 4 TB HD that I copy to an external drive then clone them as above.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware