ALL.
as i'm always coming up with the craziest ideas, i had this doozy of a crazy one overnight.
a pg song evaluation forum called....
"PG USER SONG CRUCIBLE". and its details read something like... ,
"can you park your ego at the door and post your song in this toughest song evaluation/suggestion/critique forum" ( this would be seperate from the user showcase forum.)

but then after reading charlies excellent points, then i was struck by , what are the ramifications ? and who would be the judges ?
cos even judges have their in built biases. would it be worth experimenting with the idea ?
maybe a prize for people that are in top 10 ?
maybe a free pg product ?
OR would some people get tres annoyed by judges evaluations for it to work ?

me personally, it wouldnt bother me at all to be told i suck by the judges...lol.
maybe another prize as a result of a song surviving the judges , is, a major well known big city radio station has a time each week when they play song survivors.
maybe pg could arrange this with say a big radio station ?

you see what really bothers me is ive heard some great musicianship and songs from pg forum members and huge talents, which i lament are never heard on major radio and/or tv stations, BUT SHOULD BE, because a lot of what i hear on the hit parades today frankly dont crank me up in comparison to songs ive heard in the user showcase. frankly its a big shame imho. it really concerns me that there is so much talent here the rest of the world doesnt possibly hear. this really bothers me.

just throwing out ideas. so dont slam me..lol.
best
oldmuso (assume my songs are doodoo..lol)

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/25/21 03:46 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)