Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Because we can’t post covers … seriously.

You know, I was just thinking how frustrating that restriction is. Then I thought, but the effect on me personally seems to be that I'm actually motivated to produce original material, which is what I really want to do most anyway, so I can't complain about that!

I find the "BIAB Only" restriction frustrating, too, though (almost) completely understandable. I do wish it were OK to post non-BIAB material somewhere. I actually find myself thinking of ways to add a BIAB drum track or whatever to a non-BIAB thing to get it to qualify, but then I feel like Farmer Hoggett writing "pig" on the sheepdog contest form.

Well, I suppose it has been good for me that I started writing again after a long absence before discovering BiaB in 2012. And we post a lot of PD songs...some real treasures. And the write collabs I've done with a couple of friends here over the years have been very rewarding.

The "BiaB only" doesn't concern me. They are a business and promoting their product is part and parcel of the forum. There are other places to post non BiaB based songs. We were at JPF for a decade. But it will be hard to find as friendly and well moderated site as this.

FWIW, grains of salt, etc., etc.

Bud