Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Billy.
this is v nice, but i feel compelled to say i'm not sure this evocative track needs traditional drums.

i'm hearing more the idea of sparse tympani and orchestral drum hits throughout the piece judiciously placed, rather than a drum trak constantly banging away like one might hear in other genres. i'm thinking what would a orchestral arranger do in this situation ? i feel he/she would tsake a sparse approach with the occasional dramatic drum hit.
i hope you dont mind my honest comment.

best
om

Absolutely, please always feel free to comment as you like about anything I post.

Because I have been struggling with the percussion aspect I suspect you may be right. I also was thinking about some sound effects to emulate a spacecraft engine with the correct pulse to fit the music.

I defiantly can hear sparse tympani.

I have to run out to Miami to get a third Covid shot so I will be off the air for a few hours well...unless the Covid shot places a drum track in my DAw...You know, the nano stuff to track your whereabouts and control you...lol

Billy....lol

Last edited by Planobilly; 09/13/21 05:15 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo