Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
You can test my theory by temporarily renaming bb/Preferences. BiaB should treat that as a new install and automatically create a new Preferences folder. You will have to redo your Preferences one more time but then you should be able to exit BiaB and it retain your Preferences when it opens.

Just wanted to add, BIAB does not create a new Preferences folder if the original is renamed or removed. In cases like this, it's best to duplicate the Preferences folder then delete the contents but not the folder itself.
Nice to know. Thank you Simon.

Related question. Can you add a blank text file labeled safemode.txt to the Preference folder and the program will act as though you performed a Return To Factory Settings (RTFS)command without erasing preference files?

If so, perhaps a safemode command can be added to options. The command would act as a toggle where enabling the command automatically creates the safemode.txt file and disabling the command automatically deletes the safemode.txt file.

My problem is two fold. (1) I can never remember the name of the three preference files. (2) I forget about safemode until after I respond to a question. Return to Factory settings takes care of my issue # 1 and a safemode command would take care of issue # 2. smile Then I wouldn't have to think anymore!!!!! smile smile smile

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home