I've been meaning to try this for some time, but other stuff has been getting in the way.

I've just installed my go-to music Linux(AVL-MXE) on my home-office PC, swapped out LinVst for yabridge, set up wine, installed qsynth and the sound fonts from JJazzLab and installed BIAB. I've also installed the trial versions of EZBass, EZDrums and EZKeys from Toontrack.

I installed BIAB (presently the build-838 download copy, not yet activated), with a couple of complaints from it, but a mostly successful install AFAICS.

Started jack and qsynth.

Started BIAB(64). It complains "can't find sound font file GM.DLS" (I've see something somewhere about that)
Tried a few MIDI output options until one worked. Set up a simple 12-bar blues with the default style and hit play.
It plays! Sounds good, CPU load about 16% on this rather old i7.

So far, so good.

At the moment it baulks (unhandled exception) when I try to "browse styles with info", so I have a problem there. That may be an install fail, or related to the Windows Media Player issues pipeline mentions as I haven't yet installed WMP. VCL media player plays the demo .wma files just fine, but that may not help BIAB demoing. I'll start with the update to 842 and see where I go from there.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.