The current version of Arcade, as I've mentioned at several points in this thread, is no competition to BIAB's chord features. I've written songs with it but I don't like it.

Version 2 isn't available yet but Arcade has sent an email about its major new features of using your own chords and melodies. I'll reserve judgment until I've tried it. In theory, it could be a game-changer and allow you to make contemporary sounding tracks without being locked into the usually boring chord progressions of the backing tracks sold for toplining.

Wading through sound libraries is a great waste of time. As is wading through BIAB's loops and most of the styles if you're writing contemporary pop songs.

I used to finish more songs when all I had was a 4 track cassette recorder, electric piano, drum machine and MT32.

Too many options drains creative momentum. I use lots of other programs with or without BIAB. Pop songwriters these days have to make pro standard contemporary sounding demos themselves or pay someone else $800 to do each one.

I just want a good workflow that allows me to get more pop songs finished. If you write rock, country, jazz or oompah, BIAB makes that quick and easy, with beautifully integrated arrangements. I just want parity for contemporary pop, whether from BIAB, Arcade or anything else.