Originally Posted By: Funkifized
My chord sheet is not in black like this one. But there are 2 chord sheets in your graphic(?)...

Originally Posted By: Funkifized
So, I have to trick BIAB 2021 to generate a one-measure Real Track in order to get the soloist to play during a shot? Seems like a lot of extra work.

The Chord Chart color is irrelevant. Your version of BIAB can be coaxed to generate a solo at a measure with a shot and there are multiple ways to accomplish it. One thought is the specific RealTrack in use in your project may not have the particular audio recorded for a measure with a shot and rather than continue to solo, simply pauses for that measure.

It's an easy fix if that's the issue:
Freeze all chords except the soloist
Remove the shot from that measure and generate the chord without the shot
Freeze the Soloist
Replace chord in that measure back to the chord and included shot

Another method would be to generate that chord in another measure of the Chord Chart until the soloist plays the measure to your liking and then copy/paste the measure into the measure that's lacking the solo.

<< The trick is that the audio has to be on a Utility Track first, and you edit the audio from the Utility Track. >>

There's no trick to it and the audio does not have to be on a Utility Track first. The process takes around 15 seconds.

For example, Bar 17 is the measure you want the soloist to play over:

01. Select the Utility Track you want to generate a bar of your Soloist and open the Audio Editor.
02. Highlight the Bar (Bar17)
03. Select Generate and generate the Soloist instrument that's on the Soloist Track.

The chosen Soloist Instrument generates a bar of Solo in the highlighted bar 17 on the Utility Track you selected.
Play your song and at Bar 17 you will hear the generated Solo that was generated across Bar 17 and the preceding bars and following bars on the Soloist Track will play normally, the blank bar 17 on the Soloist Track will not sound since there's no audio from the Soloist instrument on that track.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 10/04/21 09:08 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.