All.
wow what did i start...lol.
lets keep it friendly and collegial eh ?
i'm with david, i dont want pg to drop rb.

BTW there is a paid version of rb thats included free with biab. its powertraks that i started with many moons ago, and which i still consider one heck of a deal for the features it offers at such a low price. a steal imho.
it just dont have all the accompany features.

David.
i agree with you. rb is a goldmine for genning not just traks but also song ideas.
in this and some following posts i'll delve into little ideas/triks in rb's useage.
(other users can add their own ideas.)

for example lets start off with the fact you dont necessarily need a chord sheet.
you might want to jam up some guitar ideas for example.
but it would be nice to have some nice drums wouldnt it ? to jam with ?
the following took me all of 4 minutes today. just experimenting.

1. i genned a funky real drum trak on one trak from lots of pg rd's available.
then
2. genned a midi trak , and then inserted one of computer music mags vsti drum sample/beat box like drum plug ins. the samples in the plug in reinforcing the funky RD trak to create added synergy.
so now i have 2 traks of drums.

then i was paging thru lots of presets in the cm mags drum plug in to see what i liked best.
any sample player plug in could be used of course. from simple to exotic. eg some of those plug in sample players
mentioned in the long contemporary thread with their data base of modern sounds.

anyhoo i got a funky groove going in 4 mins i could jam to. no chord sheet.
i sometimes do this as a way of nudging song ideas into my brain etc.
ive got more than a few song ideas this way.
i'll add more ideas of things to try in rb as my time allows. overall i would urge people, if not already done so to delve deeply into rb. theres lots of neat stuff/triks.

best
oldmuso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/07/21 11:42 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)