Pipeline.
1. in both reaps and rb i use vst and vsti plug ins non destruct. plus i'll use the pg dx plugs and reaps js etc
(pity i cant use js in other daws. only reaplugs.)
plus the computer music mag collection i have.
80 free fx plus instrument plug ins.
i got enough plug ins. and i believe useing plugs sparsely. not useing 50 plugs in a song.
i might export some genned rt's eg solos from rb into my fav trick...a reaps folder on seperate traks within the reaps folder. then on the top folder trak maybe a plug in. i truly believe if you feel you cant do a great song
with pg's dx plugs plus reaps reaplugs collection
and js collection, ....you should re-evaluate your song approach. i feel many people go too hog wild on plug ins.
2. just yesterday i was useing both rb and reaps to do a new song. sometimes i go from reaps into rb.
eg rough out a song to a clik in reaps. do a stereo mix i import into rb...then useing the bb or rb chord sheet as a base, start gernning midi and audio traks.
i dont look at it as rb vs reaps, but useing the featurers i like in each.

what i find HIGHLY AMUSEING is folks quoting reaps at me
lol...possibly not realising i was one of an early tranche of reaps users at v0.99 ....feeding back all sorts of feature ideas ealy on, that reaps users enjoy today.
in summary there are things i love bout reaps, but there are also things i love bout rb TOO.

ps pipeline, that sandboxie idea is kinda cute...
as well as running powertraks with rb for a second instance. if i get time i'll pull up my old ptraks and see if it runs at same time as rb. which brings up an interesting point...running rb as a plug in , in ptraks...lol.

in conclusion pipe i dont think its reaps vs rb, but availing oneself of the features of each.
to quote a big old studio bloke who taught me a lot...
'i use all available tools in a studio at my disposal,...
to do the best for the song'.

hey pipe , lol...heres a challenge ! find a way for me to use reaps built in js plugs in rb.

greatest respect.
i use minimal plugs old muso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/21/21 04:21 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)