Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
In all fairness, No. It's not why we're all here.

Charlie, you don't need to sell me on the value of BIAB or convince me that it can be used creatively for any number of good purposes.

I was responding to the statement that "there are some users that expect a music program to deliver final results with minimal input", because really, to the extent that it can do it – which is astonishing – that IS exactly what BIAB offers and why I use it.

That doesn't mean I abstain from creativity or take everything straight out of "the box", but it does mean I can type in a few chords or feed in a MIDI file, select a style, and get a professional quality performance. People who write and sing songs may find that is perfect for them. I combine BIAB productions with other stuff in Logic because that is what I do, but I am using them as "final results" of a sort (I guess you could say "finished stems"?) when I do.

Anyway, I really think this is a sideshow, but I've already said my grumpy 2 cents about that in my Halloweeny surgical metaphor. At this point, the never-ending stream of "suggestions" feels like a kind of trolling, to be honest.

Last edited by Mark Hayes; 10/29/21 09:42 AM.