A lot has been said here and good stuff.

I think home security should make a person feel safe in their own home. The amount and type of security measures needed are dependent on the risk that one can assess. I can not really speak to your situation, I can only tell what I have done and why.

I live in a pretty nice gated community and we have not had any issues for several years.

The issue for me and my wife is that very close to where we live is a real ghetto with violent crime in many places around us.

We decided to secure the house to prevent a home invasion. Iron gates, lights, cameras, and a well-trained watchdog. I am well versed in self-defense and train with firearms on a monthly basis. I carry a concealed weapon everywhere I go. I am insured in the unlikely event I need to use it. I have predetermined under what circumstance I would use deadly force. I am not going to use a weapon in defense of the theft of my car for example. Let the insurance company deal with that issue. Only in defense of my life or other's life. It is a huge responsibility to carry a gun around.

After all this, I can sleep at night knowing I have done everything I can to protect my family.

The criminals around here where I live are not afraid of the police. They are armed and there are frequent shoots outs with the police. There are three police officers who live around me and they know me. They understand I support them and they can call on me for help 24/7.

The amount of violent crime has gone up by about forty percent.

I actually feel pretty safe now that I have done everything I can reasonably do to prevent being the victim of crime.

Take care and be safe.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo