Thanx for the video. The problem I have with it is that she assumes one knows chords and enough chord theory to make it work. I am assuming that your suggestion is for people with very little, if any, chord and theory knowledge. For instance it you know that F and A notes are in the F chord you wouldn't need BiaB to figure it out for you. Again YMMV

Your idea is a good one.

In all do respect I disagree with the "since beginners often either don't have the background to judge what fits best or at least don't have the self confidence to decide this" statement. One has to use their ears. If it sounds good it is good, regardless of what others think. Again YMMV

FWIW my view of music creation software is for musician's, meaning they should know something about music. It could be chord progressions all the way to advanced music theory. I look at it like I look at graphic creation software. I could purchase the most expensive graphic creation software but it still wouldn't make me an artist. I have problems just tracking my hand on a piece of paper!

BUT on the educational side your suggestion just might work. However with only a few notes it may be hard to determine what chord might fit. Thus I'm still a +1.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware