Ian,

I do "ok" with song covers and Biab. I am still waiting for the songwriter gift, LOL. It is a gift and there are a few here, like yourself, who can put pen to the paper. My music is for entertaining myself and a few friends here or there, nothing serious. I think I can hear if a song has "it" or not, most of the time.

I haven't read the article yet, but what I understand of the "Nashville-Song Demo" occupation, they usually prefer their demo songs with just an acoustic guitar version and a vocal melody of the next "hit." That way, they can add their "business end" to it and market it to their intended artist. Just an opinion of mine, though.

The "business end" is making it sound like the intended artist had written it. Putting their "sound" in the song. I am talking Countrified here, btw. Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Willie Nelson etc . . . they all have their own identity in their "sound." Think of it as "branding" a song.

So, if someone is trying to sell a song, the song will stand by itself with its lyric and melody being demo'd on an acoustic guitar. Again, just an opinion here.

Trax