That’s a good observation. It does bear further examination.

A few random thoughts:

In 2018, major changes were made to use many more folders to reduce the huge number of files in certain folders. The installation invoked a cleanup Utility. This can be invoked separately. My point is that a folder, and/or the documentation, may be a remnant. I will research this and report it to the developers. However, my own installation is far from pristine:

For decades, I have stored all my BIAB songs - many hundreds of them - in folders of my own making. I have two main folders, Matt Arrangements and Matt Originals. Within each are many sub folders. Within my Originals I have folders such as Big Band, Church, Orchestra, Classical, Jazz Combo etc. Within Arrangements I have those categories then further folders by composer names. As mentioned above, store your songs wherever you want.

I then regularly use SyncToy to back up those songs to two other locations.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors