Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
The people who buy domain names for the sole purpose of selling them make things even harder.

That's called domain squatting and it's deplorable.

Quote:
I've heard (check it out if interested) that if your name is copyrighted, others can't register it.

C3.com is an active, working web page for a business in Montreal. They aren't squatting on the domain name.

C3.band sounds like the best option here.

That whole ".com or bust" thing is for people of a certain age who remember when it was just com, net, org and edu. There are now 100s of suffixes if not 1000s. I remember those years well. I was using the internet when it was all text. No graphics. It ran on Unix/Linux and used a program called Lynx. I thought it was real cool to run "whois" commands to find people with the same ethnic last name as mine and email them. That had to have been like 1991 or 1992. By comparison, Lynx was AWFUL! But it DID let me explore more of the virtual world.

Here we had Cleveland Freenet, hosted by Case-Western Reserve University. 2 professors, Tom Grundner and Ray Neff, ran the thing from about 1990 to late 1999, when they had to shut it down because it was not Y2K compatible and no funding to make it so. I was the admin of the MIDI Forum, which gave me unlimited time on the system. (I still remember my admin login as AA611.) Public callers had a 40 minute time limit. From there I could use Telnet to go anywhere that was a valid host. Just type in TELNET harvard.edu and there I was. From there I could look at forum rooms, find people... Berklee was a fun pace to go, though they were a little more locked down. Just enter w from a prompt and you see who's on. Those were the days. Makes me want to set up a Linux box again! And I DO have a spare computer. Hmmmmm...

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.