Bob, another great post for me. I spent a lot of time trying out all the options for creating MIDI sounds and asked a ton of questions on the forum. It was an interesting journey, but in the end, for my tastes, I didn't like the sounds even though each solution did sound different. Your excellent posts have explained to me why and now I am getting the big picture. Since I do not write or compose music (at this point) and I bought BIAB specifically to make great customizable backing tracks for improvisation practice and guitar technique practice, I have now realized that I can completely ignore MIDI everything for now. That is a wonderful realization on how I can focus down on what I need. So I am just going to leave the Jjazzlab sounds for MIDI in place and stop fussing around. I think for now I will simply set the defaults in my style picker to just give me RTs and nothing else. The playable RTs sound fascinating, but a "for later" feature for me.

So again your incredibly thorough posts helped clarify all of this for me. I don't think I would have gotten here without your contribution.

As for making backing tracks for my practice of all things "guitar", I am having a ball making quick tracks, and changing style to keep interest up and challenge rhythm aspects and they all sound just great through my practice studio monitors and amp sim. What a great tool for my purposes!

BIAB 2022 UltraPak, WIN10, Scarlett 2i2, Guitar Rig 6, Fishman LoudBox Artist, Martin D35, Taylor 812c, Cordoba 55FCE, Fender Strat, Epiphone LP, Ibanez GB10se