On these latest two issues, i believe Swingbabymix asked questions that were appropriate. They were not about chord theory at all; they were about how to enter a chord found elsewhere into BIAB, and then about a BIAB suggestion that is indeed sometimes wrong.

The first example I recall was a half-diminished seventh chord from Scaler that had parentheses. It was a perfectly normal way to write the chord but BIAB would not accept it. A beginner with BIAB would reasonably not know that you don’t enter the parentheses.

We gave the correct answer and also showed how to see the list of chords that are in the form BIAB does accept. Some posters mistakenly took the threads into other directions under the assumption an education in music theory was needed. In this case, that was unnecessary.

Now we have this thread with a legitimate question about the key signature BIAB recommends. In some situations, I have seen the artificial intelligence in BIAB make a wrong guess (and I know the theory to know that it’s wrong). But it’s only a suggestion (in green) and you can ignore it. This is especially true if you feed a strange progression into it and confuse it.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors