Hello,
First off, kudos to the BIAB development team; great product.

My question is does anyone use BIAB as a practice tool for learning/improving bass guitar playing? If so can you share some specifics on using it in this way?

I'm new to the BIAB forums so I hope this "Woodshedding Forum" is the appropriate place for this question.

What I have in mind is to create a library of jam tracks in BIAB, perhaps with the bass absent that focuses on a particular area of needed improvement such as arpeggios, scales, ect. But I'm not sure what chord progressions to enter into BIAB to accomplish this. I'm guessing music instructors would use BIAB in this way for their students since they would be able to provide a complete "band" for the student to play with. Not to mention total control over the tempo and style choice.

The genres I am most interested in are classic rock, progressive rock and smooth jazz. Specific artists are The Beatles, Alan Parsons, Roger Hodgson, Al Stewart, Pink Floyd, Zero7, Paul Hardcastle, Thievery Corporation, Ryan Farrish and similar.

Thanks for sharing any tips, pointers, ideas or chord progressions.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.