Originally Posted By: ChicagoBob
i am looking for any tips you may have in your song creation process within BIAB to differentiate the different sections of a song. I have just been using the A and B parts BIAB alternatives and have gotten feedback that i dont have enough contrast in the chorus.

I got one advice from an Instagram profile I follow (Cosmisacademy) - make your Chorus "GRAND", make it sound good and make sure it stands out.

...and I always add - make your Chorus memorable. Make sure that the first thing you remember of your own song, is the Chorus. As a listener you should always be absolutely certain when you are listening to a Chorus.

One thing you can test when you arrange your song - how many times can you sing or listen to each part of your song, before you feel that it's time to move on. My rule of thumb is, that you should be able to repeat your chorus far more times, than ny other part of the song, without getting bored or growing tired of it. Having said that, I usually limit myself to a max of 3 Chorus per song (and max repeating the Chorus 3 times before or during Outro).

...and as pointed out elsewhere - just make it sound good.

MacMini M1 - BIAB2021 - Logic Pro X - iZotope Music Production Suite - Scaler 2 - far too many Waves plugins and Line 6 Guitars and boards + a fantastic Yamaha THR10ll mini Amp - Avid MBOX Studio

Peters' Garage is available on all major streaming services