Originally Posted By: rharv
I don't have Kontakt, but you have 16 software synth ports available.
That is what assigns different synths to different tracks.

Ah, this refers to right_click track ->Port XX I think. I seem to have many more than 16, but that may be a change. That's where I also see ">> VSTSynthFont64 <<" shown, on Port 17 is appears.

Doing that also changes the description box to inclure "MIDI: >> VSTSynthFont64 <<" or "MIDI: << Kontakt <<", which makes sense.

Originally Posted By: rharv
Each of the 16 Ports can use any of the 16 MIDI channels..
not sure on how to save the Kontakt settings in the SEQ file

I've set up as above and have RB Track 10 set with MIDI channel 1 going to Kontact->Roots Upright Bass listening on MIDI channel 2, and RB Track 5 set with MIDI channel 2 going to Kontakt->Blue Street Brass listening on MIDI channel 2 and all of that runs as expected.

I've set all other RB MIDI tracks to Port 17 as above and left their MIDI channels as is. All other instruments now also play as expected.

Almost there ... I think I now have just that save with plubing se-up issue to resolve.

Edit: "Track" in DirectX/VST Window" seems to offer tracks and MIDI ports. Selecting one of the latter allows me to put VSTi synth on the 1...16 synth ports. I wonder if there's some rationale to the name change between Ports on the right-click and Tracks here.

Edit 2: I saved the DiredctX/VST Synth group, saved the project, closed RB, opened iRB and loaded teh SEQ file. Now the VSTs and settings are saved. Resolved

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 01/03/22 09:07 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.