Here is another recording based on the same C Major BiaB backing track. This time I tried my 1st pentatonic scale (C D E G A C) played up a couple times then played down. The challenge here was to get the timing down so that I would blend with the phrasing of the backing track; hopefully it's at least a little musical. I think I can fairly easily translate what I've learned to D Major and other keys, so remaining in C Major, what would you suggest I try next? I'm guessing there is much more I can squeeze out of the C Major key.

Zooming out to a bigger picture it appears that triads, pentatonic scales and other musical elements are "building blocks" that can then be assembled (in some way) and used to form musical phrases and for me, bass lines . . . probably a subject for a new thread.

[If any PG Music marketing or development people are reading this thread, what a good opportunity this could be for a PG Music vision. What if a set of instructional videos could be developed that teach the musical concepts we are discussing here using BiaB as the foundation? Specific BiaB SGU files could be produced that focus and aid the student to learn various concepts. These could be offered to teach 6-string guitar, flute, piano, etc. I'd be your 1st customer for bass guitar. You could even call this "PG Music University".]

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
C Major Practice Mix(Pentatonic Scale).mp3 (2.59 MB, 4 downloads)
C Major Backing Track(Bass Pentatonic Scale)

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.