Originally Posted By: Mark Rhodes
I'm always surprised to hear anything positive about my voice. Years ago I was told point blank years ago by a noted producer, "No one will ever listen to a demo with your voice on it." It's always nice to know someone can tolerate it. ;o)

Mr. Rhodes...

I gotta comment on what that producer told you about your vocal talents. I feel VERY strongly that when certain people offer their opinions about the quality of someone else's singing voice, they speak as though they had declared themselves to be absolute experts in that area. To my mind, they are only being mean-spirited because they know how anxious a performer is about pleasing their audience, and they take advantage of that to ruin that performer's day.

As far as I'm concerned, if a person can sing with a reasonable amount of pitch control, and has an ability to phrase lyrics with just enough of a sense of drama to set the mood, then, dammit, that performer can 'sing'. It's the feeling that matters most.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".