AFAICS, the fundamental issue is that SBM wants the audio "strictly aligned with the beat" for his modern electronic music, but I believe he's often he's using RealTrack which often will not do that. Real musicians put their own expression into the playing, louder of softer, ahead or behind the beat, with pitch bends or not, grace notes & flams and so on. SBM appears to want those musicians to play to his rigid timing, but mostly those musicians neither can nor will play to perfect time.

I've watched so many "modern electronic music" creators and even when they record MIDI, usually the first thing they do is quantize it. Instant rigid timing.

I think there may well be a fundamental disconnect in expectations here. Most(?) of us want natural-sounding music, SBM wants rigid timing.

SBM can get his rigid timing by cropping the leading sound, or by sliding the sounds, or by using quantized MIDI, but he wants BiaB to do that for him "out of the box".

If PGM include further modern styles that may well happen on those styles, but it probably should not do that to non-modern-dance styles. They're different from natural playing and, IMHO, they must stay different.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think not.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 01/13/22 05:21 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.