Maybe it's just me...
But I think the elephant in the room is that first PG team needs to vigorously groom software (fix/clean/consolidate/and tune workflow), then worry about hip "styles". So if styles arrive, kids would know what to do, and would not be turned off by complexity and workflow issues that require tricky workarounds. By kids I mean someone 15-25. You want to make something for kids, you have to think like a kid.

I installed Garageband for my son yesterday... He plays piano, but he never touched anything related to music making software before. He is already making some multitrack arrangements. That was yesterday evening... He is 11.

On the bright side, I think BIAB is very capable to do most of what constitutes "modern music" and can add much more to fusion that is very unique to PG music which is not found to this extent in other software, which are professional performances in bread & butter genres on real instruments.

But again, it would take a will and thought to make software appealing to those musicians who these "styles" are targeted for. Most of us accept compromises because we dived in deep and know the real value. I think it would be hard to "convince" someone with less patience unless workflow improves, menus consolidated, issues addressed.