"Q1. How can I get rid of this click?"
In Options-Preferences-Metronome uncheck the boxes needed to get your desired result. Sounds like you want the click on for count in, but not while recording.

"Q2. How can I adjust the gain of the 208i from within RealBand?"
You don't, Realband uses the input device for this control, so raise it at the 208i.
Alternatively, 'after the fact',you could use Edit-AudioEffects-GainChange and highlight the whole recorded track/waveform then raise it by X amount, or use PGPeakLimit plugin to raise the volume of the recorded track, but both these methods also raise the noise floor, so better to get a good signal into RB in the first place, however -18 level should be close to serviceable.
ALSO record your bass onto a different track than the imported MP3 (which I assume is on track 1), so record the bass onto Track 2 as an Audio track.

Q3 - I don't know
Q4 - you can see the current manual by going to Help menu option

Can you post a picture of the Microphone fader you mentioned?
I'm guessing it does not control the 208i but rather the onboard sound, and if you are using that you need to make sure you are recording the actual 208i input, and not the system's mic input.
If you go to Options - Prefs - Audio and click the Drivers button, what is RB using to record your input? It may be set to something other than the 208i and causing the deception; you may be recording your bass via the computer microphone input, which is a terrible way to record when you have a 208i sitting right there. Might be a simple setup issue, and you just need to make sure RB is using the input you wanted it to ..

Last edited by rharv; 02/01/22 02:13 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome