I've been using my new PC for three weeks now. My setup is it's in my living room connected to my Yamaha home theater receiver via HDMI. Both the PC and DirecTV go to the receiver and it's the receiver I use to switch between them. Only one HDMI cable goes to my TV. Whats happened 4 or 5 times now is I suddenly have no sound from the PC. it just happened again. I've been switching back and forth between the TV and the PC this morning and suddenly the PC has no audio. It didn't shut down or anything, I simply switched back to the PC and no sound.

In the taskbar there's a diagonal line through the volume icon, click on it and it says no audio device installed. I checked Sound>Devices and same thing, it's empty. I tried the Troubleshooter and it came up blank as well. Somehow it lost connection with HDMI and thinks I have nothing installed. A simple reboot fixes it and now Sound>Devices says Digital Audio (HDMI). I don't think it's the cable because every time this happens a reboot brings it back without me even looking at the cable. Since this is a brand new system is this something with the HDMI controller on the mobo?

Any ideas?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.