Originally Posted By: musician17
You know me - I don't particularly, usually, like these computerised voices. HOWEVER ... here, you have found something good. This voice sings naturally, and carries the song well.

Hi, James.

Yeah, that sort of surprised me, too. After working on the song for a while, I stopped thinking about it as a synthetic voice. I mean, it's still got faults, but there are places where the performance is fairly good.

Quote:
The song is beautiful! It tells the story well, and yes, I can feel the Carpenters influence, a little, on it - even if you say you turned away from it :-) Yes, there are a few harmony limitations because of the robot voices, but who cares about that.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how the song turned out. There are some places where I think the counter line gets in the way of the vocal, and I might go back and fix that. But Major7th chords are pretty, even when sung by robots! wink

Quote:
My only quibble is that the voice currently sounds a little like a boyband voice (Backstreet Boys, Westlife, that kind of thing, haha).

Yep, I noticed that, too. laugh

Quote:
If you could somehow make it a little darker in tone, perhaps, more "serious" or something, more earnest (if you like), it would sound even better, perhaps. But what do I know? I enjoyed the song - and yes, the explanations, too :-) - they helped me understand the process behind the song, and that's always a wonderful learning experience, for me.

I know what you're saying, but if it can be done, I haven't figured it how to do it yet. It's a sort of "what you get is what you get". When it works, great. If not... well, better try something different.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the song and story behind it! cool

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?