This week I have been looking into obtaining some effect pedals for my guitar and bass to use when I need to take a break from playing the banjo. It's something that I always wanted to mess around with. I saw the price of the high priced name brand ones, Boss, MXR and ZOOM and realized that to obtain what I wanted would break the bank. For those living on a fixed income like me, you know what I mean. Someone then told me about the off-brand Chinese models like Donner, Amazon Basics, NUX, AZOR, iSet, Joyo, the list goes on and on.

Outside of the ethics of NOT BUYING AMERICAN, is there any reason to NOT spend $25 on a pedal instead of spending $150 on the name brand since they are only being used at home and not that often.

I spent probably 12 hours this week watching video after video on YouTube and to be honest, the reviews were quite good.

FYI: MXR pedals, owned by Jim Dunlop, are only assembled in the USA, The parts are made in Asia. BOSS pedals are made in Malaysia and have been since 2019. ZOOM pedals are made in Japan. So I guess ethically there is nothing really American about these devices and it only comes down to what you get for your $$$.

Thoughts?

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB