Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso

But no pedals have really made me go freaky super wow on them.
Still too much ‘ppphhhtt”//fuzz in lots of pedals. I want less fuzz and more mother tone.
I once had a marshall ‘guvnor’ ..it was ok.

Maybe i’m asking too much of pedals.
Its a ton of work , but i still like my old zoom pedal in conjunction with the amp models built into reaper as well as the free freeamp vst plug in.
With this combo sometimes i luck out…other times not.
I was hoping some new cheapo pedals might lessen the time i spend futzing around with my current hit/miss set up.

i listen to stuff like cheap trik live at budokan and pat benatars lead guitarist on best shot ...those are the sorta tones that crank me...ie clean overdriven mother tone not 'fizzy'.

Best
om

Many of those tones are just a cranked up tube amp. Little or nothing in the way of pedals. If & when a distortion/ overdrive pedal is used, the trick is to dial up the level a bit and back off the gain. That way the pedal acts more like a boost and a filter. It tightens up the low end and hits the preamp harder. The distortion is almost all from the amp.

If you don't mind going "in the box," Amplitube is fantastic. You can try out what I just told you in the free version and see for yourself.

Last edited by Byron Dickens; 03/26/22 07:18 AM.

Byron Dickens

BIAB. CbB. Mixbus 32C 8 HP Envy. Intel core i7. 16GB RAM W10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20. Various instruments played with varying degrees of proficiency.

https://soundcloud.com/athanorsoundlabs