Originally Posted By: BryMusic
Nice song and lyrics, great guitar playing there.

Overall, the mix seems off in some way. Seems too "far away" or something? Can't quite describe it. Maybe it's too busy?

UPDATE: Forgot I was listening with a cheap pair of headphones. Doh!

Fiddle solo a bit quiet.

Anyway, enjoyed the tune.

Hey BryMusic, Thanks for the comments. I should have the fiddle solo and a few other things fixed in an upcoming re-mix.

Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Greg, great song. I really like the writing - good ideas. Fantastic country feel to it as well. I like how you worked that fiddle and a little dobro in with the guitar. I also like the signature guitar lick you came up with, and all the guitar work in general. I liked this one a lot. Fun song.

Brad, Thanks for the listen and kind words... I'm all about signature guitar licks. wink

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Greg,

Great to have you back to the Showcase! Been a LONG time!

You do the Country Rock sound so well (the one we all grew up on!).

A cool song. Nice guitar work. And good additions from BIAB. The banjo works really well.

Nice vocals. The harmonies are very cool. (I thought the vocals and harmonies could have been VERY SLIGHTLY louder, but they still sound good).

Enjoyed this. Hope the next one doesn't take quite so long smile ....

fj

Thanks Floyd. It's nice to be back! I will be making a few volume adjustments in an updated mix, and I hope to be sooner on my next project. grin

Originally Posted By: dcuny
The song starts strong and stays there, like a roller coaster ride that zips along.

The vocals could use a bit of a bump - vocals are clear, but it would be nice to hear them a bit closer in the mix. Love the harmonies.

The band is hot - especially the guitarist! laugh

Hey David, Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. I will be making some adjustments based on all the comments I've received.

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
this song really impressed me even tho' country is not my genre. i really liked the tempo of this song and the arrangement. many nice sound pictures // variety.
this song was obviously lots of work.
really liked the vocs.

well well done.

best
om

Thank you om. I believe I spent about a month from the time I started writing to the time I finished mixing.

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Hi, Greg! What a great result from that triggered idea. Love the lyrics, and the whole band is perfect and well mixed. The best part of course is what YOU added --Outstanding guitar work and perfect vocals.

Hey Marty, Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it!

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Great song!
The band is terrific and your vocals are so cool!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Rob and Marie, Thank you so very much.