Hi, Bud (& Janice!)

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Firstly we enjoyed reading the track listing, the fx section and the entire backstory.
I wish more folks would include "how it came about" and "what's in it" info.

I'm sure that for some people, songwriting really is a matter of just sitting down and writing lyrics. But it doesn't seem to work that way for me. Getting my brain to think like a songwriter (instead of self-absorbed and unobservant software developer) is tough

Quote:
Janice immediately noted how much she likes the prosody of this ... and all your lyrics.

Thanks! There's something about putting down the rhythm first that points to particular phrasings. It can be infuriating when it doesn't work. It's almost like solving a crossword puzzle.

Quote:
We like the new singer and, yes, she does have a bit of the Vega vibe ... had to sneak in an alteration.

Heh. Well played! laugh

Quote:
Nine RT's and a RD and yet the mix sets up an excellent soundstage.
That ain't easy to do in our book.

Ironically, I was thinking that I was actually using less tracks than usual. wink

Mostly, I like to have texture and instrument change between sections, so the guitars are mostly strummed guitars, to give contrast the fingerpicked guitars, or the cello to give some relief from the violin. They're all lovely sounds, but they can wear out their novelty after a bit.

That, any way too much time listening to The Alan Parsons Project!

Quote:
Last but assuredly not least the melody is excellent.

You're making me blush.

Do go on... wink

Thanks for stopping to listen, and all the nice words!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?