Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Wonderful song you made. A very lovely 'buil-up'of the melodywhere your vocals fit like a glove (if you can say it like this).
What a nice use of harmonics at 4:46 (I believe it was)!
You have a very nice choise of instruments, and, like others said, especially the mandolin was a topper.
But your lyrics and thoughts were even more beautiful. I liked your theme very much!

One little thing: at 1:40 it looks as if the word 'wind'is missing.
And your 2 lines;
"the lift in nature's cathedral
awakens veneration
Worthless are the vain
excessive words" ... these are very, very nice, but they must have caused some problems to sing them in rhythme and time, don't they? You / I can hear a tiny bit of that challenge ;-)

But I enjoyed it a lot, as I wrote before.
Hans

Oh, and we have woods and dunes nearby that I love to walk in. to empty my head...

Thanks Hans, always pleasure to read your insightful comments smile I'm very glad you liked my thoughts, although the wind has much more to say wink I can hear "wind" at 1:40... those 2 lines were actually easy to sing, but I realized afterwards that this bridge part works better with triplet feeling and thus I had to fix some rhythm issues with Melodyne, that part is interesting because the guitar is playing normal 4/4 and then the piano is playing 6/8.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube