Ahhh yes... but, this one is so fresh..... brand new. Hasn't even cooled off yet, fresh from the oven....uhhhh, I mean DAW. Sonar to be exact.

So... far a number of reasons, I decided to do something new for this "challenge".... something that would be a bit of a challenge.... channel Carlos and see what happens.

So here's the particulars....

Style is Occult Latin Rock legit since Carlos did tend to rock it up.

Bass is 684
Drums are Latin Rock and I added a midi conga percussion track as well.
Guitars are BB styles.... 509 & 630.. panned a bit opposite off center and lower down.
Organ is my favorite B3 686

A couple of my favorite plugs and of course Ozone on the master..... A bit of reverb and widening and pretty much the same stuff I always use.....

The electric solo guitar is of course me with my Tele and I'm switching between the Strat and the humbucker if you can tell. The amp is the Spark with the American High Gain model with the gain and volume set to 11 and the knobs ripped off, and a bit of noise gate and compression on the front end and a slight delay at the back door. I have a dark plate reverb on the guitar in the DAW.

I think this clocks in at just about 2 minutes.

Carlos Santana Challenge Groove

I certainly had fun with it.... hardest part of this was deciding which style to base this on. From there, everything kinda evolves the way things around here tend to do. The solo itself, is a series of individual takes that are pretty long and generally one shot deals. Listen close and you can hear the blurbs in it. If you know how I record guitar.... you know... if not.... well... I hit record and start. If I hit a major "oh what the hey was that?" I stop....and continue with a punch from that point. Hence the series of takes.... Nothing fancy or contrived.... but as close to a one shot deal as it can be.... if that makes sense. I use this method quite often especially when I'm in a hurry.

I hope you enjoy the tune

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 05/03/22 07:47 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.