Hello Firesong, Shigeki and David,

Thanks all of you for your so nice words about this song. This morning I discussed singing in Dutch with my eldest son. He told me mostly people think it's some kind of sound one makes when he's freezingly cold. But than I told him about your reactions (in the forum). Most of you wrote you liked listening to this language although you don't understand a word.
He had to digest that and maybe now will think Dutch is THE language to sing in! To underline that I also told him I recently asked our Australian Ray to help me make a Dutch song. He replied that he was looking forward to that project.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Hans and Anne-Marie...beautiful song...it has a lovely melody and the vocals are very well done...though I do not understand the words in Dutch I enjoyed it so much...I learned in the last few years that my family came from Leiden, Holland to America in 1621 and so has it's roots in the Netherlands and I was intrigued to hear a song in the native tongue of my ancestors...the instrumentation you selected in quite lovely and so well arranged, mixed and produced...thanks for posting this...Zo ontzettend fijn om naar te luisteren.

Hi Firesong, you just underlined what I said to my son. Thanks for that! You mentioned Leiden and 1621. I'm pretty sure your family fled England in 1609. They were called the Pilgrims and were hunted by the English. They lived in Leiden. And in 1620 a ship, the Mayflower, sailed them to America. The difference of one year (1620 / 1621) in your story, is so close that I think it this story. So now you can say your ancestors were pilgrims!

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hans & Anne-Marie,

A nice collaboration.
Very nice narrative vocal.
The back band perfectly fits this tune.
Is it because of Dutch words that I feel so much Europe in this tune?
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki, you wrote so nice words! And yes about Dutch and Europe. Some called it 'underwater spoken German', but in Danish and other Skandinavian countries you can hear some Dutch too. But there are great influences from Spain and France too. They had occupied us once.
Thanks for listening!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hans,
This sounds beautiful. Even though I can't understand a word.
Having been in your country on holiday for an extended time when I was a rambunctious young man, there are so many jokes I can make about that--but I better not. Really. I might scolded.

smile

Sounds great man.

Hi David, I am a bit disapoined! Can you remember you were the first to post on a song from me in this forum (september 2016) and wrote one or two lines in Dutch? For a moment I thought you were Dutch! Because of your name. i even started replying in Dutch, but than skipped that quickly when I realized you were fooling me. Now I'm pretty sure you don't fool me again with your very nice post here. I became intrigued by your visit to us, the kind of man you were, the jokes you have on that, but I'm pretty sure you were in Amsterdam then...
And I'm sure too, if you tell that, you will be scolded. But that's normal overhere. We like being blunt smile

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130