Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
I know the iv in C minor should be Fm7
And showing fm6 here, I find it very strange. So ask.

Where did you find that the iv in Cm should be Fm7?

Way back in the early 60s when I was learning music theory the 6 was the jazz version of a triad. Thus in jazz C was played as C6 thus Fm6 sounds logical to me. There were/are very few triads in jazz as most all have some kind of extensions.

As Matt said how does it sound? If it fits your song then it is OK. That is all that matters.

One thing you must understand is that there are very few, if any, music "rules" that are in stone. There are no absolute chord rules or chord progression rules that I am aware of, everything is up to the individual. For instance I was taught that it takes three notes to make a chord but then came the two note power chord.

Note by chord rules I mean what extensions one should use with a triad. There are rules on forming chords like a triad must be 1-3-5 of a major scale etc.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware