OK, this is more a question out of curiosity, since I don't think there's much I can do to influence the way the Audio Chord Wizard interprets an audio file. But then again, if there is a way I can, I'd like to learn more.

The question arose after I decided to let the Audio Chord Wizard do its thing with some backing tracks I've been working with. The first one I chose did not have a complex harmonic arrangement -- the piece was in a major key, so there were some IV's and V's and a vi here and there. But after I ran it through the chord wizard, there was this blizzard of changes it had spewn out and the interpreted chord progression didn't sound like the new one much at all. So I tried it on a simpler backing track. This one had only two chords, a I and a V chord. But again, the result was a blizzard of changes.

The first backing track was 72 measures long and the second was 56 measures long. Neither of the interpretations showed any repeats anywhere, whereas the original tunes had lots.

So, is the ACW keying off an active bass line, perhaps? Because the bass lines in both BTs, while not complex, they do move around a bit. There are keyboards and guitars in both BTs, but they're pretty much banging out a steady rhythm, so I don't see how they would contribute to the interpretations' complexity.

Anyway, I'm just wondering.