firesong, Torrey, James, Ray and Rob:

Boy, what great suggestions already . . . thanks so much for weighing in. Some specific comments below and a revised version of the song hopefully updated in the link.

James: Ironically, I had a second guitar in the song that I deleted because I thought it made the song too busy . . . In retrospect, I think I made the wrong choice. So, I've added back in RT 1608 High Acoustic Rhythm, subbing it in most spots for the RT 1606 Strumming Acoustic. Thought I've kept the latter playing only on the choruses panned far right to add some depth. Hopefully that makes a difference.

Ray: Brilliant suggestion on the cuatro. And it's something I've done on other songs, so not sure why it didn't occur to me here. I've cut the instrument on the first verse and dialed in down on the second. And thereafter, a bit more judicious on the volume, being a bit more strategic in highlighting it. I'm sure I can still do better, but hopefully a good start in a better direction. See my comment below to Rob on the BGVs.

Rob: I've tried to highlight the accordion a bit more here and there (and hopefully the right spots) in this latest mix. I just wasn't up to tackling BGVs on this--largely because I had no ideas on how to approach them (but also because I wasn't all that enthused about the tune to spend the time). You and Ray have given me some excellent suggestions . . . and now I'm excited to experiment. Thanks so much.

Awesome feedback, all. Very much appreciated--

Deej